High Speed Digital Printing
For a high quality, low volume print job with a quick turn around, Digital is the most cost-
Reordering is made simple as customer’s digital artwork is kept on file.
The Main Benefits of Digital Printing
- Try before you buy Choose a Digital print run to get a feel for a brochure’s success rate before committing to a larger quantity Litho order.
- Cost-effective for low quantity print runs There is no minimum order quantity!
- Quality Digital printing is now so good that on the majority of jobs you would find it hard to tell the different between Digital and Litho.
- Quick turn-around No drying times, jobs can be printed and finished on the same day!
- Individual personalisation For instance for wedding invitations and other personal stationery, no need to hand write each one!
- Proofing It is possible to provide a finished proof sample of your print job, on your selected paper or board stock, for you to approve prior to the main print run.
- Lower environmental impact Digital printing involves no plate-making or inks, fewer chemicals, less gas emissions and no harmful cleaning materials. Less paper is wasted and the vast majority of stock is FSC certified.
Compare with Litho
When high quality, high volume print is required Litho (short for Lithographic) is generally the most cost-
Tony Bowyer Print uses computer to plate technology. Your artwork is kept as a digital file and can be re-
WHY YOU MIGHT CHOOSE LITHO OVER DIGITAL
The main benefits of Lithographic print:
effective For long print runs Litho offers great economies of scale – the process is very efficient once a press has been set up.
- Quality In the past it has been said that Litho printing produces the best quality finish, and that is still true today –
although Digital printing is now so good that you would find it hard to tell the difference. However, the use of graduated tints and large solid blocks of colour would tend to lead to Litho as the preferred process.
- Flexibility Litho is the most flexible method in terms of printing stock, paper & board weights, inks, finishes and varnishes. Metallic ink finishes are achievable with Litho.
- Pantone matching Printing with Litho enables a precise use of the standardised Pantone spot colour matching system.
Suited to Digital
Business cards • Compliment slips • Letterheads • Envelopes • Leaflets • Posters • Brochures • Labels • Folders • Wedding Stationery • Invitations • Booklets • Forms • Postcards • Price lists • Manuals • Greetings cards • Business reply cards • Prospectuses • Flyers • Menus • Swing tags • Bookmarks • Vouchers • Report covers • Legal corners • Order of service cards
Unsure about your best option?
Your requirements may not fit perfectly into either Litho or Digital printing. Tell us what you are trying to achieve and we can recommend the method of production that will best suit your needs. This may mean offering two quotes with the pros and cons for each, or a combination of both.
We’re happy to offer guidance to ensure you get what you want!
For New Businesses
A Complete ServiceBacked up by years of experience
Cost-effective Commercial Artwork
She will take the time to understand you, and your needs & expectations – with the aim of building the trust and confidence that makes a successful design & print partnership.
We’re happy to work in any way that suits you best; you can supply us with your own artwork, work with Nichole to develop your design ideas or, if you prefer, leave us to develop your concept for you.
Please feel free to get in touch to arrange a personal visit, or to discuss your needs with Nichole over the phone.
Lee’s years of experience in the print business allows him to advise on the best type and weight of stock for your particular job, and to help you select the right finish. These decisions are important – there is a wide range of paper and board to choose from and Lee can help you avoid making any expensive mistakes.
High quality results
Lee has managed our print room since 1989; his high level of quality control and attention to detail are matched only by meticulous planning, from set-up through production, to collating and distribution.